Sunday, March 15, 2009

The rockshow... MY rockshow

Well it's a tradition in our school that each year the seniors host a concert with rock and classical - but mostly rock. This being my senior year, I decided to take this task on myself and create this year's 'Spring Concert'.
So I organized around 25 artists from our school (15 or so of which actually came to the sessions) and we got around 25 songs to do:
  • Knocking on heaven's door -Axel Rose style
  • Hotel California
  • Rockin' in the free world
  • Where is my mind
  • Mr. Jones
  • Wish you were here
  • Smells like teen spirit
  • Jumper
and other cool songs and classical stuff and songs in Hebrew... yes some people might say we're doing all the simple overdone rock classics and that we're not innovative enough.
Well, last years seniors thought about that, and ended up making a horrible concert. Where none of the songs were actually *chosen*, but more like the songs happened to suite their frame of mind at the time. Bottom line, I was asked to sing "Wind of change" which was a total bust - yet somehow it was one of the more decent pieces. But srsly... It was horrible :|
Bottom line for this year we got simple, easy songs cuz they rule... It's like doing karaoke, only with live music :D
Every other day or so we have a practice session to see that everything's actually getting along fine, and I come home @ like 8PM totally wasted XD but things are looking good for this year.
I hope I'll be able to get some recordings online...

No comments:

Post a Comment